Monday, November 28, 2016

'bubble-o-bill tradition' by Nicolee Cable


Have you ever had a layout go wrong?
A background that just doesn't work?
An idea that doesn't emerge on paper like it looks in your head?

Well here is the final product of a layout idea that initially just didn't cut it!

Aren't you glad it's just paper and you can start again
and add some amazing D-lish embellishment goodness 
that just makes it look c'est magnifique!


I knew I wanted to use this old patterned paper (loved the colours and of 
course, I've been saving it for a special project)...
and I really wanted to have circles on the page which related to the photo...
and even though I loved the texture pastes I used.....
it just didn't work!
So I 'scrapped' it - and started again!


I'm just going to show you close ups of the finished product
which turned out much better than the original idea!

Here are the D-lish embellishments I used 
that really improved and completed this layout:

chipboard letters
Kinder Kreations chipboard
copper washi tape (my all time favourite)
polka dotted washi tape
aqua string (from a previous JAP kit)





and the washi tape again (which is so easy and cute to rip into strips)...


...and the lovely flowers (magnolias and forget-me-nots), 



It just shows you don't have to totally ditch all your
'failed' layouts - redo them, tweak them, refine your ideas and then
 add some D-lish goodies
and they will take pride of place on display in your home!

I hope you enjoyed this layout as much as I finally did! :)

Thanks for looking
and have a wonderful Monday.

Take care
Nic x










1 comment:

  1. OMG - I somehow missed this LO completely. I love it. Just gorgeous. xo

    ReplyDelete