Tuesday, October 4, 2016

White Witch by Anthea E.

Hi all.
 
I am very excited to be sharing my very first post as D-lish design team member.
 
Today I am sharing with you a LO that I did featuring my gal dressed up as the White Witch of  Narnia.  I think you can see that last months Just add paper  (JAP) kit, was perfect match for this photo.
 
 
 I started with a plain piece of white cardstock and a bit of texture paste and few flicks of paints and mists here and there. I am a sucker for layers and D-lish doilies and tissue paper (which are usually part of the JAP kits) are perfect for layering.  (In this case - I found the colour of the tissue paper a bit dark - so I simply flipped it over and used the 'wrong' side to lighten it up a bit.)
 

I decided that my LO wasn't looking shabby enough, so I added some messy stitching to my LO (which isn't hard for me as I am an AWFUL sewer).  Once my background was done I went to town adding goodies from my JAP kit. You can see here I used lots of resin goodies, a gorgeous flair, and tons of resin glitter dots ***drool***

 
I also could not go past the gorgeous tutu bloom flower and sequin bow. Not only do they add a little bit more texture but they add some (oh so important) bling. 
 


To finish it all off and very possibly my favourite part of my LO is my letters.  These are d-lish puffy alphabet stickers.  They are so cute on their own, but being all white, they were getting a little lost on the LO so I decided to dip them in some paint I had on hand.  They took the colour way better than I expected and I LOVE how they turned out.  I can see me using this technique again and again.
 
I hope you like my LO and can find even a little bit of inspiration in it. 

Once again, I look forward to my time here and look forward to meeting you all and making some new scrappy friends.

Anthea
xo

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous costume and layout is perfect for the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Anthea. Great photo and looks divine with your colours.

    ReplyDelete