Friday, October 14, 2016

Snapshot by Sarah Rosse

Hello scrappy peeps,
I am sooooo excited to share my first layout for the D-lish Scraps Design Team. A big thanks to Amanda for having me on this amazing design team!

Here is my first layout of the month.


For this layout I used the July Just Add Paper (JAP) Kit, Rustic Charm and was inspired by the colours of the mood board and embellishments in the kit - the greys and pink/apricots. The JAP kit is a fantastic way to get an array of embellishments (washi tape, flairs, wooden pieces, flowers etc) each month to add to your layouts. I look forward to my subscription every month - my little piece of happy mail! After making this page, I still have quite a few embellies left over which will make another layout or card.

I just loved the wooden heart in this kit - I backed this with some paper that matched the colour theme. The Kraft tag was another of my favourite pieces from this JAP kit.

I created my background by mixing Dylusions paints to create the colours I was after. I also applied some Colour Blast paste in Snow White on the background to give some shine and texture. I stamped on the background using Kaisercraft texture stamps - Lattice and Chevron.

I matted the photo of my two boys with some tissue paper and patterned paper from the Pinkfresh collection.

I used the embellishments from the JAP kit - flair button, resin flowers and paper flowers to finish off the layout.

If you ever miss out on a kit, then be sure to look at Past Kits and Bits, where you can often find some fantastic goodies from past kits. You may also consider signing up for a Subscription (if places become available); keep an eye on the D-lish Scraps Facebook page for news about Subscriptions.

Here are some close up photos
 
 
 
Thankyou for joining me and I look forward to bringing you another layout later in the month.


No comments:

Post a Comment