Saturday, October 8, 2016

"Love you to the Moon" by Jaimie Ramsey

Thanks for joining us here at D-lish to check out my very first blog post as a Design Team member. This is a Layout I created of myself, my Husband Angus and our beautiful Daughter Emily. We don't often get a photo together but at my Sister's birthday lunch recently, I asked her to snap this pic of us. I love it! So I wanted to create a layout to capture the moment.
I am a bit obsessed with Bazzill heavy weight cardstock at the moment, as it is so great for mixed media and takes water really well. I have only just discovered the black version of it, so you may see a few layouts with a black background from me. Just for something different! I called the Layout "Love you to the Moon" as this is something my Dad has been saying to My Sister & I since we were babies and I thought it would be fun to try to create a galaxy background for this piece. I wanted the galaxy to go diagonally from the top left corner of the page to the bottom right, so to create my galaxy, I started by spraying the cardstock with water and adding some Colour Blast shimmer dust. This is basically a watercolour powder with a shine to it. I love supporting Aussie products and stores, and just like D-lish, Colour Blast is Aussie! I then added a second layer of shimmer dust and I dried with my heat tool, sprayed with a fixative to stop the shimmer dust from coming off on the Layout & popped out in the sun to dry for 10 minutes or so. Next I added some Bo Bunny glitter paste in two colours with a Stencil and used my heat tool to dry. I decided to add my photo next, and create the rest of the LO around that. So I used a gold chevron bitty bag, layered with some gold star punchinella, a piece of a black doily, a Green Tara Fantasy Bloom Flower, an enamel heart shape, a resin flower, flair, a sequin butterfly & a sequin from an old “Just Add Paper” kit. I put a blue berry pip stem as a frame on top of the photo. I wanted to fill in some of the white space on the other parts of the LO. On the top right, I added a small embellishment cluster, with washi, a Green Tara Fantasy Bloom Flower, an enamel heart shape, a resin flower & a sequin from an old “Just Add Paper” kit.
I also added an embellishment cluster on the bottom left of the page, with some gold star punchinella, washi, a Green Tara Fantasy Bloom Flower, and a wood veneer piece from an old “Just Add Paper” kit.
To finish the galaxy I added some sequins , star enamel shapes, resin glitter dots, splatters of Gold mist, and two colours of Nuvo Drops.
Thanks for having a look at my first blog post! I hope you liked the LO & I look forward to sharing more creations using D-lish products with you soon!

4 comments:

  1. I love your LO - I particulay love the way you have created a galaxy as your background - a simply stunning idea. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaimie I love your galaxy layout - very very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning Jaimie. Love your background

    ReplyDelete