Thursday, October 20, 2016

"Love" Record by Belinda Griffin

Hi All,

Belinda back with you today to share something a little different. I love to hand handmade items around my house, and like to mix it up with new items regularly. I decided it was time for a new wall hanging and wanted something a little different and funky so chose to use an old record to mount a photo and decorated with some of my favourite D-lish goodies.

 I wanted to keep this nice and simple as it will be going on my gallery wall. I also wanted to ensure it stayed soft and pretty even with such a dark background, so I decided to go with the sweet paper butterflies in the two different sizes, creating a fluttering effect off the left of the record. 

I loved the hot pink accents on the record itself so wanted to bring that out further by using some matching embellishments- the resin flowers in two different sizes were the perfect colour match!

Of course no wall hanging would feel complete with a title but I wanted to keep it relatively small so the photo stood out. The adorable mini chipboard word was the perfect size. I decided to paint it black to tie in with the background, layering it over my photo so it stood out.

 Finally, no love themed layout would be complete without some hearts right?! I love gold so I've given the wood veneer hearts a quick swipe of gold paint so the wood grain is still visible. Just a little hint of gold and my 'layout' was done!

I can't wait to have this hanging in my hallway, I just adore those butterflies <3

Thanks for stopping by
~ Belinda x


2 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous and unique wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow love this Belinda. A truely keepsake.

    ReplyDelete