Friday, October 28, 2016

"Game On" & "Beautiful" by Nicolee Cable



 Got some time on your hands?
Feeling a little left out that you haven't got the latest cut-files or the machines to make them?
Want something on your layouts that's unique?

Why not make some handmade cut-files?

I'm going to show you two layouts where I've done just that!

Firstly 'Game On'


I've taken a stencil that I made ages ago (and yes, it was well used!) 
and traced it on to white card stock (straight lines are easier).


then I cut it out...





and then stuck some strips of black card stock randomly behind it.



To make the background, I stencilled some texture paste mixed with blue
shimmer dust on to the white card stock, splattering a little powder here and 
there to make it not so stark and a little mottled.


These days, I always cut a piece of random card board and stick
it under my photos to create depth.


then I gather my D-lish supplies that I think could work with this colour layout:

left over flair from previous JAP kit
arrow from the October JAP kit
left over scraps from previous JAP kits

...then I had fun putting this layout together.
I only used tiny bits of black punchinella and chopped them into little stars, cute ey!?!



...I anchored the ombre wordfetti with the 
silver wash tape behind it and made the cut-file stand out by tracing around it.
And of course, another standard for me - ink/paint splatter!

I'm really happy with how this monochromatic layout turned out
with my own unique cut-file arrows! 

Then I tried it with a floral stencil!!!

You need a sharp blade and a lot of time and patience for this fussy-cutting one!

I chose some of the flowers to trace around and then cut individual flowers out.


Here I show both the arrows and the flowers once cut.


Then I found some cute patterned papers to put behind the flowers.



...and here's my final layout "Beautiful" once I added and arranged all my D-lish goodies.

Most of the items used were from the September JAP kit
but you can find similar items in the D-lish store here:

wooden pegs (from the packaging)


This is a layout that's quite out of my comfort zone and different from my normal style but I'm happy with how it turned out.

It just goes to show, you don't have to have all the latest gadgets and machines to have on-trend elements on your layouts. 

Just make sure you add some D-lish goodness and you'll always be set for a fantastic creation to add to your album.

I hope you've enjoyed these two layouts and I'll catch you next time.

Have a great Friday!
Nic x





2 comments:

  1. OMG - I completely missed this blog and LO. I love, love, love your LOs. Thanks so much for sharing this amazing technique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Nicolee. Love all your details. You are so clever.

    ReplyDelete