Tuesday, October 25, 2016

"#epic" by Malinda Gardner

Hi everyone, 
Malinda here with a share of a page I've done using some of the new products at D-lish; a page about our day at Rotovegas (Rotorua) in New Zealand. Have you been there? It's very cool with so much to do. We've recently moved to NZ and this was one of the first places we visited.





As with all of my pages I started with my background...very messy hey?!
I smeared some blue and orange Dylusions paint in random places and added a few smears of white paint as well here and there.
Whilst the paint was still wet I took some of the black punchinella and used it as a template, and with a brayer I rubbed over the punchinella on parts of the page, both parts that had paint and those that didn't. The effect is that paint stuck to the punchinella and was transferred to the page and also the pattern of the punchinella was transferred to the page.



Can you see how the paint has dried on the punchinella? I love that and used it on my page later on. I reckon I'll be doing that a lot on my pages in the future.


After layering some patterned paper, the punchinella and my matted photo and painting some raw wood veneer off cuts in the same colours as the background I then stamped with my trusty two stamps I always use (creature of habit I am) and then took the number smash 5x5 template  and stamped in places. 

The stamping was too dark initially as I blotted the template with a small ink pad but I realised it was better to smear the ink pad over the template. So I smeared a bit of white paint over the areas that were too dark and wiped some of the paint and ink off with a baby wipe...so then the print is lighter and appears to be part of the background.

 Those 5x5 templates are so perfect for small bits and pieces of stamping.

Last few items to add...a title and a few embellishments.

Raw wood veneers are sooo good for titles as you can make them any colour you want. And anything with a # is a winner for my pages (LOL). This one was from a past Just Add Paper kit (JAP kit).



 I love Gelatos as they are quick and easy to use (so many things you can do with them) and the colour is pretty true on raw wood veneers. I quickly coloured the word with both orange and blue in bits and smeared it and rubbed it in with my finger.

I love tabs, small ones and the paint chip tabs are so cool...one or two words in heaps of different colours...this is the memories one in black...love them.
Next three enamel dots with some doodling around them, in a triangle to bring the eye to the photo.


Last but not least, a doodled border around the photo and the whole page.

Thanks for popping over and checking out my page....I need to clean up after that very messy page...and then start another one LOL.
Happy scrapping.

Mal xxx


1 comment:

  1. Really love your messy-ness Mal!! always lots to explore on your layouts, love it!

    ReplyDelete