Monday, October 10, 2016

"Cherish" by Malinda Gardner

Mal, here with my first share with you all as a Design Team member and I'm super excited to show you my latest page using all things D-lish.

I'm totally in love with using lots of little embellishments on my pages at the moment.
I love to create backgrounds and then add a pic and finally embellish with bits and pieces. That's why I love all things D-lish; so many yummy embellishments I can add to my page.

So this page started out as just some blue and yellow Dylusions paint on a black background. To this I added some white using some stencils from my stash and then stamped randomly with a few of my fav stamps. I love creating layers. I also wanted to dull down the white and have it appear as part of the background.
From there I started layering. It's hard to outline the process I go through when putting a page together as it's bits here and bits there and I just add when I see a spot missing something.

I do, firstly, matt my photo (on black of course) then some random bits of plasterer's tape roughly cut into strips and then cut up the Bitty Bag from a past "Just Add Paper" kit to the left of the photo and some of the gorgeous teal spotty washi tape, also from a past "Just Add Paper" kit. Yes you heard correctly, I like to cut up some of my embellishments, that way I get more out of them. If I only want a little bit to show then I just cut off the bit I want.
Continuing to layer, I added two of the wood veneer triangles raw ( I love the look of raw wood on my pages) on either side of my photo, just underneath the photo.

I like focal points on my page and drawing the eye to the photo. I do this in 3's. So I added three of the black glitter dots in a triangle formation and doodled around them; I love doodling. How good are dots on any page?... I love circles.


Clusters of embellishments are my fav things on pages; bits layered to create depth to the page. Here I used some white wire and a few of the white stamens on both the left and right of the photo with some of the yellow enamel triangles and one of the gorgeous blue resin birds, like a nest.


Last but not least I took the wood veneer "cherish" and gave it a quick paint. I wanted a rough look so just a quick couple of coats of paint.
Final touches with some random rubons popped on here and there.

So that's how I created this page, hope you like it.
I'll be back later in the month with another page to share, full of D-lish goodies.




❤ Mal







3 comments:

  1. So good Mal, some really great tips there. Love your style!! Loving the bright layout. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good Mal, some really great tips there. Love your style!! Loving the bright layout. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this layout Mal. Beautiful techniques.

    ReplyDelete