Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Cherish by Anthea E.

Hello All, 

I hope wherever you are the sun is shining and this finds you in good health.

These last few weeks have been very busy for me.  I am a permanent/casual worker which means some weeks I have lots of times to scrap and play, while others leave me with virtually no time to breathe.  The last few weeks have been of the later type with me working full time (and more) which means my scrapping time is very limited. 

In saying that - I have still made time to scrap - I have just scrapped very simple LOs as you can see from this example.


This LO features an old photo of my kids.  I really wanted the photo to be the feature of the LO but I wanted to brighten it up a bit and I think the pink has done this beautifully. I also think the heart doiley (which I coloured to suit) helps highlight the photo without overwhelming it.
 
I started with a little bit of texture paste, in plain white as I just wanted dimension, not colour.  Then I found a matching gelato and drew circles here and there and saturated them with water so they dripped everywhere (did I mention I love mess!?) I found my 'blobs' were not standing out enough so I went around them with a watercolour pencil to give them more definition and then I added some glitter resin dots which really popped on the hot pink blobs.

 
I then grabbed everything pink in sight and started playing.  I am seriously in love with D-lish sequin bows!  They also go so well with the pink wax blossoms from D-lish which I have also fallen in love with.  I needed something to break up the pink a little and ended up using the string from the packaging of the last JAP kit that I received to make a big bow.  I really like how it turned out.
 

Once my main cluster was sorted, I created a little cluster to balance it out at the top with mini and medium roses and resin pieces.  I used the "cherish" veneer from the Berry Blast kit, I think there are some left, but if not, there are lots of other veneers to check out here. I was originally going to paint my veneer black - to go with my photo mat - but I am really liking the look of raw veneer lately and decided to leave it. 


 
 
All in all, including drying time, this LO took about an hour to put together  (and that was while I was chatting with my daughter, watching TV and doing some other little things around the place).  One of the things I love about D-lish products is they work so well with virtually everything out there.  I hope my example shows you how with the perfect embelishments a LO can be quick and simple, but pretty and bright all at the same time.
 
Till next time, take care.
 
Anthea
xo
 


3 comments: