Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The Sweet Life | Krisy Podolak

Today is my last ever share with D-lish Scraps Design Team.  I have decided that it's my time and I am so thankful to Amanda for the year long opportunity to share my layouts. I have really enjoyed the experience.  So today I am being a bit cheeky... I have designed my final share with the Kraft + challenge in mind.
This month Kraft+ is all about Melon colours. At first I thought there was no way this would work - Kraft Paper and "melon" colours but somehow it does.

This is my layout...

The background is a little full on with heaps of texture and colour but it is the additional embellishments that finish it of and make it "sweet".  The background is Colour Blast Paste and Mica Powder.  I used a stencil from my stash (I think it's Stencil Girl) and then I added even more stencilling using some Cool Mint Paste and a Dusty Attic Stencil from the D-lish Store.


I then matted the photo with a paper doily.  Plain white it stood out too much and took away from the layout so I softened it a bit by colouring the edges with some watercolour paint. I then added a few little flowers and a resin rose along with a Sequin bow.

I used some wooden heart buttons I found in the store and altered them by adding some Colour Blast Colour Paste directly using my finger.  The good thing about Colour Blast Colour Paste is that you don't need to prep your surface, it sticks directly to the wood no problems.


There is also some yellow punchinella tucked in behind the photo and title for a bit more visual interest. The final touch to finish of the Charm Creations DIY heart I used was a yellow suede tassel.


Thanks for looking and thanks for all your support over the past year.  D-lish is a fantastic little company to have represented for so long and I wish Amanda and the new team all the best.

Krisy xx

I almost forgot...There is a process video too... You can watch it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment