Monday, September 19, 2016

Smile | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans!
Sue Plumb here with you today for my final post of the month, and as of a member of the D-lish Scraps design team. Can I just take this opportunity to say what a pleasure it has been being part of this team for the past 18 months. During my time at D-lish I have had the privilege of working alongside an amazing team of ladies, headed up of course, by the lovely Amanda herself.

Amanda - thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to be part of your design team, it has been an honour to work with you and represent your store.

And to my fellow D-lish Scraps design team members (both past and present) - thank you all for your wonderful inspiration and friendship.

Now before I start blubbering, here is my final D-lish Scraps project for you. (I have been saving this special photo for just this occasion.)


I used Crate Paper patterned papers as the basis for this layout, and lots of my favourite D-lish Scraps embellishments.


I first created a layered mat for my photo, using a mix of papers; a lace paper doily; and a grey grid bitty bag. Tucked into my layers under my photo was also one of the new wood veneer square mini frames. (They are so cute!)


I used plenty of wood veneer pieces on this layout, including a printed veneer butterfly;  a veneer scalloped frame (from the special release Just Add Paper kit last month); and an ampersand and tiny butterfly (from another previously released JAP kit).


I layered my scalloped veneer frame on top of a dove grey paper doily; and then popped a flair button (also from a previous JAP kit) on top. I completed my cluster with a couple of resin flowers.


On the other side of my photo I created a complimentary cluster that also featured the same resin flowers; a wood veneer heart; a dip dye printed tag that I tied with twine; and a layered die cut journal piece (from a previous JAP kit).


I couldn't finish with anything other than a Corbett Creations wood veneer word for my title, I just love these so much! Then some simple stamping; printed journaling and a few flicks of gold mist.

That's all from me. Thank you to everyone for all your encouraging comments and feedback on my work over the past 18 months. I do hope I have managed to inspire you somewhere along the way!
I am sure I will see you all around or over in the Scrap Suite, as I will now have a little extra time on my hands to come and play along as a normal D-lish customer.
Thanks again! X

No comments:

Post a Comment