Sunday, September 18, 2016

Happy Hour | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans!
Sue Plumb here with you again to share another of my D-lish projects with you. Today I have a mixed media layout I created to showcase a happy snap that was taken on my phone earlier in the year, when my friends and I were celebrating one of the girls' birthdays. We are all total suckers for cocktails, and often make them when we get together. (Even if it does mean things usually end up getting messy! haha)


As this was such a "happy" subject and photo, I decided to draw on the yellow (the colour of happiness) from the straws in the photo and go with it as my dominant colour for this layout. I kept the rest of the palette to neutral white and a touch of grey, to allow the yellow to "pop".
My background was created using Colour Blast Shimmer Spray, and then Dylusions paint through a Dusty Attic 'Distressed Grid' stencil over the top.


I then created a layered mat under my photo, using a white lace paper doily; yellow tissue paper (from a previous Just Add Paper kit); and yellow hand-dyed muslin. I also used one of my favourite multi scallop wood veneer frames, (which I coloured with a yellow Posca pen) to add some extra depth and interest under my photo; along with a Journal It's date tab.


To go with my cocktail theme, I added a paper straw from my stash, which I enhanced with the gorgeous yellow felt bow (from last month's Just Add Paper kit). Alongside my photo I tucked in a journal spot from the same kit, on top of which I layered a flair button and some messy cotton thread.


For my title, I used a Corbett Creations wood veneer happy word, which was also painted with the same yellow Posca pen as the veneer frame. I then used Cocoa Vanilla Studio alpha stickers to complete my title.
I also added some simple handwritten journaling; a few sequins (which I cut from a strand and adhered individually) and some stamped phrases in grey ink and my layout was complete.

I will be back again tomorrow for my final share for the month, and as a member of the D-lish Scraps design team.
Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments:

Post a Comment