Saturday, September 17, 2016

Family | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans!
Sue Plumb here with you for the first post of my final month as part of the D-lish design team. Today I am starting off with my take on this month's 'Berry Blast' Inspiration Board Challenge...

The striking tones of hot pink and teal are a match made in heaven and are perfectly complimented with shades of grey and white. We hope that this colour palette inspires you to create something amazing! 

And here is my take on it...


I started my layout with a sheet of Cocoa Vanilla Studio patterned paper as a base to frame my layout, and then used some white cardstock to create a custom mixed media background. I first used some pink Colour Blast Spray; then added some Colour Blast Colour Paste through my Dusty Attic 'Crosshatch' stencil. After that I added some stamping using grey Staz On ink (the stamps I used are from Viva Las Vegastamps).


Most of my embellishments on this layout came from this month's coordinating 'Berry Blast' Just Add Paper kit. I started by mounting my photo on top of some layers - including the heart shaped paper doily and some tissue paper from the current kit; as well as some more patterned paper and a piece of a heart die cut (from a previous kit). 


I then selected the embellishments from the kit I wanted to use and formed clusters surrounding my photo. I liked the interesting contrast the combination of paper flowersresin flowers and the fabric Tutu bloom provided when grouped together, not only through material, but also size and colour. I also used the resin birds from the kit, and the glitter resin dots. (Because who doesn't love a bit of sparkle, right?)


To help tie the teal colour into my layout more, I used a Corbett Creations family wood veneer from my stash for my title, which I painted with the same Colour Blast Colour Paste I had used on my background. I love the shiny, textured appearance it gives.
To finish my layout, I added one of the flair buttons from the kit, which I mounted on some messy cotton thread; and then scattered around a few D-lish Dots enamels.

I hope you are inspired to join in this month's Inspiration Board Challenge. (You can find all the rules you need to enter HERE) The chosen winner will receive a D-lish Scraps store voucher; and a random entrant will also be selected to receive a 'Just Add Paper kit'.

That's all from me today, I will be back with you tomorrow with another D-lish project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments:

Post a Comment