Saturday, August 27, 2016

Hip Hip Hooray Hello Happy Birthday to you | Krisy Podolak

Hi Lovelies, I am back with my last share for the month. Today I am sharing another Birthday Layout but this time is is from my daughter, Autumn's first Birthday.  I have been saving these photos as I really liked the colour scheme and wanted a few pages in the album to be all matchy matchy and not only match each other but also match the colour scheme.  I decided it was time to stop hanging on to them and get them into the album.

This layout started off as I whole heap of pretty scraps of paper really.  I purchased this paper from Crate Paper as the colours matched the birthday colour scheme but I really only wanted the Chipboard.  And actually I have only used... none of the chipboard.  Always the way isn't it.  I think it's because it's so perfect I don't want to waste it on the wrong layout.  AKA HOARDING.  But there are heaps of other photos I want to scrapbook so that's ok there is time.

This photo was her present from us and by chance the colours worked with the colour scheme of pink, white and gold.


 I wanted to add a bit of dimension to the layout so I popped up some of the background rectangles of paper on cardboard (which also happened to be some D-lish packaging) and added embellishments over the top. I added the photo on a Cambridge doily and then added some flowers (wax blossom flowers and some Green Tara Azaleas) around the photo in pink and soft purple.  To bling it up I added a sequin bow and a pink and gold foiled flair button from a past Just Add Paper Kit called Sweet and Sassy. To the top of the page I added the circle banner from another Just Add Paper Kit that I had been saving.   I cut it in to smaller pieces and "hung" them from the top of the page.  The twine is also from another kit called Sweet Nothings.


I used a turquoise tassel too as it matched the tassel on the background paper.  For more detail I added some resin in the form of a little white bird, some Ice-cream buttons (because the little bike is an ice-cream truck), a cupcake and some wordfetti.  Really now I look at it this layout is just a mish mash of left over bits and pieces that all work really well together.  Everytime I look at this I see more things I need to mention...There are also a scattering of light pink sequins to bring more pink into the layout.


Finally I added the wood veneer word "Hello".  I kept it fairly neutral but just adding a thin layer of Colour Blast Embossing Powder in bling.  By only adding one thin layer it give is some shine but not a heavy gold colour which is what I wanted.

That's it from me today....have you had a go at the Cybercrop challenges in The Scrap Suite yet?  Make sure you head over to Facebook and check them out.




No comments:

Post a Comment