Friday, August 19, 2016

#epic | Sue Plumb

Hi everyone! It's Sue here with you again for my final D-lish project share for August. Today I am sharing a layout based on this month's 'Geometric Crush' Inspiration Board Challenge, using the coordinating Just Add Paper kit.

First, here is a reminder of the challenge board...


"Geometric Crush combines an eye popping palette with some awesome geometric shapes, perfect for documenting the males in your life, both young and old."

Strangely, despite the fact that this kit and board are perfect for scrapping photos of boys (of which I have two), I actually ended up scrapping a photo of my daughter. (Although to be fair, she was impersonating a male at the time! haha) I used the palette and pictures from the board as inspiration, but chose not to use the optional sketch this time.


As soon as I saw this board I immediately knew I wanted to use this chevron print Cocoa Vanilla Studio paper for my background. It coordinated so perfectly with the board and the contents of the Just Add Paper kit too! I added a bit of extra depth to my paper by splashing some watercolour paint around first. I then used some triangular pieces of the grey paper (also from Cocoa Vanilla Studio) as the anchor for my layout design.


I matted my photo with the tissue paper that came in the kit, and placed it on top of the largest paper triangle. I then added the layered diecut embellishments to my page, followed by the wood veneer triangles. I deliberately chose to have the wood triangles pointing in the opposite direction to the paper ones to help draw the eye up and down through the focal point of the layout.


I also added my title, which was the Corbett Creations wood veneer word from the kit. (All of the wood veneer pieces were coloured blue using a Posca paint pen.) I then added the handmade star pick, after wrapping the stick with some of the twine from the kit. 
(Did you realise that many of the embellishments included in the JAP kits are also available to purchase separately? You can see what is available from this month's kit HERE)


To help balance my design, I added one of the flair buttons from the kit to the left of my photo, which I nested on some cotton thread. I then added some of the star buttons for some extra visual interest. (You will note with many of the embellishments I used that I have added them in 3's and placed them using the visual triangle principle of design that I usually use. This not only makes for a balanced design, but also fits well with the theme of the board.)


To finish, I added some scattered sequins (also from the kit); my journaling; some navy mist splatters; and some soft grey ink stamping using one of my roller phrase stamps and a cute little moustache stamp I had. I still have plenty of pieces left from this month's kit to create with, so perhaps I might actually try scrapping a photo of my boys next time! 

If you would like to play along with the current Inspiration Board Challenge and be in with a chance of winning a D-lish Scraps store voucher or a Just Add Paper kit, you can find all the details and rules HERE.

That's all from me today. I will be back with you again next month to share some more D-lish projects with you. 

And just a reminder - the D-lish Scraps Birthday Cyber Crop kicks off over in The Scrap Suite Facebook group TONIGHT! You don't want to miss this one - there will be fabulous challenges including some bonus ones from the boss lady and even an exclusive limited edition release kit! Hope to see you all there!

2 comments:

  1. I love the effect of the Posca Paint Pen on the wood, it helped #epic stand out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Poscas are THE BEST for colouring wood veneer, definitely my favourite method!

      Delete