Friday, August 26, 2016

Believe in Yourself | Krisy Podolak

Hi Lovelies, Today I am sharing another layout inspired by Mandy's June Cybercrop Challenge over in The Scrap Suite on Facebook.  I don't know why but I really like this sketch.  Probably because it's quite simple and open to interpretation.
Here is the challenge here:

This layout is pretty special to me.  The photo is of me standing in front of Heather McMahon's tutor display at the 2015 Brisbane Scrapbooking expo. This was me dreaming of one day creating my own stand. Fast forward 12 months and I was creating my own display.  I am still pinching myself.  In that 12 months I had really dedicated myself to my craft and it had paid off.

This is my layout.

Really I kept this layout pretty simple.  I wanted the papers to do the talking.  This paper range is by Kaisercraft. From the off cuts I punched some circles and then mounted them on foam squares to add some dimension.  As the layout is about colour and craft, I used a paint swatch behind the photo as a matte.  To embellish the layout I used the Monochrome Minifetti in Red to make some tiny word banners.  All you have to do is snip a little triangle in the side and ta-da! - a banner.  So easy to do and another use for those little guys you may have in your stash. 

I then added a big yellow wild rose flower. 
For more texture, I added some yellow punchinella behind the photo too.  It mimics the circles and adds some more texture to the layout.

Isn't it awesome how you can take a sketch and make it look totally but use the same base idea.  I will definately be adding this sketch to my book of sketches for future inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment