Wednesday, August 17, 2016

4 Today | Sue Plumb

Hi everyone! It's Sue Plumb here with you today with the first of my D-lish project shares for the month. Today I am starting off with a layout I created whilst I was away on retreat last month, that features a photo of my gorgeous boys together on the morning of their 4th birthday.


I started this layout by creating my background on a sheet of white cardstock. My goal was to draw the colours out of the photo from the boys' pajamas they were wearing. To do this, I used a mixture of colour mist and gelato applied with some plastic packaging to give a watercolour effect. I then used my Scrap FX Hash stamps and added some stamping using a soft grey ink. Next, it was torn strips of washi tape and navy mist splatters. Finally, I added some Colour Blast Colour Paste using a Dusty Attic stencil (Distressed Grid), which gave my background some textured dimension.


Next, it was time to start building my layers under my photo. I used a 5x7 chevron bag; grey paper doily; lime tissue paper (from a previously released Just Add Paper kit) and finally some gauze to provide subtle texture.

I used one of the Corbett Creations wood veneer words to form part of my title, which I coloured white using a Posca pen. (Currently my favourite method of altering wood veneer.)


I also coloured some of my all time favourite wood veneer stars with the same pen, and added them using the "visual triangle" design principle (which I tend to use on most of my layouts). I also dotted some D-lish Dots Enamels around my page.


For the second part of my title, I used a Heidi Swapp embossed number 4, which I coloured using a gelato to match my background. I layered this on top of a dip dye printed tag, which I tied with some twine and used a shaped paperclip to secure it to the edge of my photo. I also added a flair button to my cluster, which I nested on some white cotton thread. A final bit of stamping using one of my roller phrase stamps and date stamp and my layout was complete. I was so happy with the result of this layout and the beautiful colour combination I achieved by using a mixture of mediums.

I will be back again tomorrow with another project to share with you. Until then, happy scrapping! X


No comments:

Post a Comment