Monday, July 25, 2016

The Tooth Fairy | Krisy Podolak

Hi D-lish Lovelies,  The month is almost over so that means it's my turn to share some things I have been working on.  This first Layout is inspired by Sue's Scrap Suite Cyber Crop challenge to use Circles and speech bubbles in a layout.  This is the challenge here.



Today's layout is a bit of a special one.  It is a series of photos capturing my daughter's first visit to the dentist.  We are pretty lucky to have an awesome dentist nearby that (on certain days) has the tooth fairy and her friend (Arthur the denist) the elf, come to work.

This layout I used a basic sketch from a past Scrap the Boys Sketch challenge for my base.  It is a great sketch for more than one photo and it uses clusters of embellishments.  I don't usually use embellishments in this way but it is nice for a change. Plus it has some circles - First part of the challenge done.



It was a pretty awesome experience even for me and I didn't see the dentist.  The fairy shared her wand, had a selection of sunnies for Poppy to choose from, the dentist had a dragon complete with a very big chompy set of teeth with a toothbrush for kids to brush.  It made the whole experience a bit of fun but it will be disappointing when she is too old for it and has to see the "normal" dentist.  Until then we are counting down to our next check up.

I used some tooth fairy paper that I have collected somewhere along the way as my background. I also had this tooth fairy rub on in my stash that I wasn't too sure it would work anymore (I bought it when I was pregnant with Poppy)and thankfully it worked.  I then drew colour inspiration from my photos.  I had some Simple Stories die cuts in my stash that complimented the colours of the photos and the background paper nicely.  Then I raided my D-lish stash.  I used the Monochrome Journal Packs as tiny word stickers (you know that trend that everyone is loving right now) and then I added some raw wood veneers - Arrow and hearts, a flair button from a past Just Add Paper Kit called "Fruit Tingle" and of course a Pink Sequin Bow.  As a final touch I pulled apart a strand of sequins and used the loose sequins across the page for a little bit of magic.  There is also some Gold Punchinella in there because you need a bit of Gold when you are talking about magic.


The second part of Sue's challenge was to incorporate some speech bubbles.  I used these little wood veneers I had left over from a recent class that were sitting on my desk.  The raw wood worked well with the raw wood veneers from the D-lish store so I didn't bother colouring any of them.


So, that's my take on Sue's Challenge.  (I'll be honest, it just worked out that it fit with all the requirements - I didn't actually plan it that way.) It's a bit of a busy layout but it really captures the magic of the experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment