Sunday, July 17, 2016

So Fun | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans! It's Sue Plumb here with you today for the first of my three shares this month. Today I am sharing a layout that is based on this month's 'Rustic Charm' Inspiration Board Challenge, and using the coordinating Just Add Paper kit.

Here's the board I was working with...


"Rustic Charm is all you would expect and more. With its warm tones of rusty coral, apricot and grey and a little added elegance from the kraft, white and black it's simply delicious. It's rich, full of texture but with an air of sophistication, you will just love the vibe it gives off." 

I didn't use the optional sketch from the board this time (and let's face it, I am not usually good at sticking with them anyway! haha) and I created a layout featuring my daughter and her best mate goofing around while making cupcakes. The papers I used are all from the Pebbles 'Cottage Living' collection by Jen Hadfield.



(My apologies if my project images aren't quite up to their usual standard - Mother Nature has delivered us some unseasonably miserable weather here in Queensland the past few days, and I have been struggling with light for shooting photos.)

As you can see, I didn't go wild with embellishments on this layout, mainly because I wanted to ensure my favourite item from this month's kit remained a focal point. And how awesome does that string heart wood veneer look? I *may* have had to purchase an extra one! hehe (Remember that many of the items included in each month's Just Add Paper kit are often sold separately as well. Be sure to check out all the extra kit bits still available in the store!)


Also from the Just Add Paper kit, I used one of the handmade layered die cuts, which I adhered directly to my photo using a bit of foam tape to pop it up. Other D-lish products included one of my favourite 6" lace paper doilies; wood veneer stars from the mixed star value pack; and a Corbett Creations wood veneer word.


The other main focus of the embellishments on my layout was the journaling pocket. I put it together using items from the JAP kit - feather print kraft mini bag; black lace washi tape (which I also used to border the top and bottom of my layout); a tassel; one of the flair buttons; journal card; and even the kit label and the wooden peg used to hold it on. I simply stuck washi tape over the kit name and then layered some cotton thread and the flair on top. (Everything in these kits is useful, I tell you!)


I am so happy that this board gave me the perfect excuse to finally scrap this photo I had been holding onto. (Sometimes we all need a little push, right?)

If you need your own push, entries for the Inspiration Board Challenge remain open until the end of the month. You don't have to use the coordinating kit (although it does make it super easy!) and you don't need a blog either (you can simply link to a photo sharing site such as Photobucket or even to Instagram!) You can find all the details and rules for entering HERE

I will be back with you again tomorrow with some more D-lishous inspiration for you. Until then, stay warm and happy scrapping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment