Monday, July 18, 2016

Mini Me | Sue Plumb

Hello again everyone!
It's Sue Plumb here again today with another of my D-lish project shares for July. Today I am sharing a layout that once again features a photo of my daughter, who is definitely my mini me. Not only in looks, but we also have many of the same tastes and enjoy the same activities. This photo is one I snapped back in December when I first showed her how to do pocket scrapping. I love that we share a love of craft.


I used this gorgeous floral paper from Cocoa Vanilla Studio as the basis for my layout (it's one of my favourites as I just love the colour palette.) And what better thing to compliment a beautiful floral paper than some equally beautiful blooms from the D-lish store! I chose to use magnolias as my feature blooms. These were recently restocked in the store and they come in packs of 5 in a great range of colours. 


In this cluster you can see I have paired the magnolia with a Forget Me Not; a small resin flower and a flair button. This cluster is layered on top of a dip dye printed tag, which is tied with twine, and nestled alongside my photo, which is layered on top of one of my favourite lace paper doilies


On the other side of my photo I created a complimentary cluster using most of the same products. Instead of the flair button though, I added a date journal spot from a previous Just Add Paper kit


Below my photo I added more paper flowers, this time adding a white wax blossom into the mix; and a sequin bow. On the corner of my photo I added one of the layered die cuts that came from this month's Just Add Paper kit. These handmade embellishments were also available as a kit bit and sold separately. (Check the store under the July kit for availability.) To finish off my layout I added a sprinkling of D-lish Dots enamels.

That's all from me today. I will be back tomorrow with my final share for the month. Until then, happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment