Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Minecraft Trance | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans! Sue Plumb here with my final project for the month and today I am sharing a mixed media layout. I have again featured a photo of my daughter, which was taken while she was in a "Minecraft Trance" as we call it at our house. (She was completely unaware that I was even taking the photo!)


I started with a sheet of white cardstock, which I prepped with a matte medium. I first added a couple of different green mists using the packaging technique to give a watercolour effect. Next, I added some stamping with the Scrap FX 'Hash Stamps' and then used a Dusty Attic stencil ('Squared') with some Colour Blast Colour Paste through it. At this point I also added some black mist splatters, and some small pieces of torn black lace washi tape (from this month's Just Add Paper kit).


I then created a layered mat for my photo using a 5x7 paper bag (from the Rainbow Mix - chevron pack); white punchinella; crumpled tissue paper and some hand-dyed muslin for texture (both items from previous Just Add Paper kits). I also added an arrow shaped paper clip onto my photo to help draw the viewer's eye in. 


To embellish my layout, I used a wood veneer frame, which I inked with black Staz-On ink. These frames are one of my favourite pieces. I don't even necessarily use them to frame things, I just love using them to add depth to my layers. (They come in a pack of 4 for only $1.50.) I also used some Dusty Attic chipboard 'Page Pebbles', which I also inked with black ink. (These ones were all from pack #7.)


Finally, I added a phrase strip from a Journal It's - Wordfetti sheet and a scattering of green sequins from a previous Just Add Paper kit. I also added my handwritten journaling using a Sharpie pen. I was really happy with the result of this one!

That's all from me this month. I will be back again in August to share some more D-lish projects with you. In the meantime, stay tuned to the blog for more inspiration from the rest of the design team, or pop over to our Facebook group The Scrap Suite and check out the current cyber crop challenges on offer. 
Til next month, happy scrapping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment