Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Altered Tags | Krisy Podolak

It's me back again for my second share for July.  I wanted to share some more Altered Tags from my challenge I set for the June Cyber Crop challenge in the Scrap Suite.  Here it is here:


I am hooked on making these tags.  Here are another two I have recently made.


The first Tag is a bit of a grunge Alice in Wonderland inspired tag.  I don't really remember reading Alice in Wonderland as child but I have read it a few times as an adult and am currently reading it again so I think it is safe to say it is one of my favourite stories and I love how it can be interpreted so differently.



This tag has a few layers.  I used my star punchinella as a stencil to add some Bling Colour Blast Colour Paste to the base and then I used the same Punchinella on the background for texture.  Behind the tag I added some layers.  One is a glassine black and white bag the other is some Black and white spotted tissue paper from a past Just Add paper kit.  To the tag, I added some inking before embellishing it.  I used a Mushroom charm from the store that I managed to collect quite a few (they are on clearance and so I stocked up), there is a rabbit charm), a star button (both on clearance) and a red resin rose.  Oh and a tiny wood peg off one of my Just Add Paper Kits.



The other tag is a Monochromatic Blue and white one with a tiny hint of red.

I used the Monochromatic Journal Pack, a doily, a sequin bow.  The background is a paint swatch from the hardware that I have added some Singing the Blues Colour Blast Paste to using a Dusy Attic Stencil.  I also used a wood postage stamp from the D-lish store along with a blue resin rose.  To finish it off I used a Blue Tassel from the Sweet and Sassy Just Add Paper Kit.


Now, I just have to work out what to do with all these tags.  I like them too much to just give them away.  If you are wanting some more inspiration to make your own tags, go check out my pinterest board - Altered tags.  There are so many awesome ideas out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment