Saturday, June 18, 2016

Super | Sue Plumb

Hi everyone! It's Sue Plumb back with you again today to share another of my D-lish creations for the month. Today I have gone in a bit of a different direction to yesterday, opting instead for a layout design that is crisp, clean and linear as opposed the more free-flowing one I posted previously. This one features a funny photo of my boys I snapped at the doctor recently, right after they had their immunisations.


In order to achieve the clean look I was after I wanted to use lots of white (including all white embellishments); minimal embellishing; and a grid-like design. I had lots of small paper scraps from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Made of Awesome' collection that were waiting to be used, so I drew up a 9x9" square on my cardstock and began shuffling to fit. Once I had them all stuck where I wanted, it was time to embellish.


Most of the pieces I used were raw wood veneers, which I coloured white with my trusty Posca paint pen. The small circle with the pointing hand was actually a chipboard piece from Dusty Attic, from the Page Pebbles #7 pack.


The small wood veneer stars I used were from the Mixed Star Value Pack. I like that these come in a variety of sizes and there are plenty enough to last several projects for great price. The wood veneer glasses were from a previous Just Add Paper kit and I had been hoarding them for way too long (simply for their cuteness factor!) The "documented" word strip was from a Journal Its Wordfetti sheet.


The wood veneer moustache is a Corbett Creations piece from a previous Just Add Paper kit that I had also hoarded for its cuteness; and the "today" word is also by Corbett Creations and available in the store. Finally, I added a flair button from the "Defining Words - White" set (for the second layout in a row - it just goes to show you how versatile they are!)

Thanks for stopping by today. If you are looking for a scrappy challenge this weekend, the June cyber crop started over in our Facebook group The Scrap Suite last night. There are 4 awesome challenges on offer from the design team (including this one from me!) so make sure you pop over to check them all out. Challenges remain open for four weeks and there is a prize for each one up for grabs.

I will be back with you again tomorrow for my final share. Until then, happy scrapping! 

1 comment: