Friday, June 17, 2016

Moments to Cherish | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans! Sue Plumb here today sharing the first of my June projects with you all. To start this month, I have a layout that features a photo of an old friend and I, who I hadn't seen for many years, when she was visiting Queensland earlier this year. I think it's a testament of true friendship when you can go without seeing someone for so long and when you do it's like no time has passed at all.


I wanted to keep this layout to black and white with only one colour accent, so I used Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Colour Me Happy' papers. This allowed me to choose the exact shade I wanted to add and customise the paper to suit. I did this by colouring the floral print with watercolour pencils and then going over it with a water brush. I chose yellow to represent happiness, as I was certainly happy catching up with my dear friend.


The 'happy' flair button (from the Defining Words set) was the perfect addition to this page. I clustered it with a piece of yellow mini paper doily; paper flowers (including one of my favourite Forget-Me-Nots); and nested it on white cotton thread. I also added some D-lish Dots enamels near my cluster for an extra pop of sunshine.

In the corner of the photo, you can see the various layers I used for the mat under my photo - tissue paper (left over from a previous Just Add Paper kit); a beautiful 6" lace paper doily and some hand-dyed muslin.


I wanted to echo the floral theme of the paper I had used by adding some dimension with paper flowers. These ones, including a gorgeous rose, made a beautiful cluster together above my photo, and helped accentuate the yellow on the paper.


My final embellishment cluster featured a stunning yellow Wild Rose (these are perfect as feature blooms); a white Wax Blossom; a yellow sequin bow; a sweet yellow resin deer; and some more D-lish Dots.
To complete my layout I adhered a phrase strip cut from a Journal Its Minifetti sheet directly onto my photo; then added a bit of stamping and a few splatters of black mist.

Thanks for stopping by today. I will be back again tomorrow with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! 


1 comment: