Monday, June 27, 2016

Love This | Krisy Podolak

The month is almost over and this is my last share for June.   While I was tidying my craft room also know as moving stuff around, I found this paper sample from a Scrapbooking Memories magazine by Cocoa Vanilla and I love the colours.  They worked well with some of the new stuff I had recently purchased from the D-lish store.

It seems that this month all my layouts feature the word love in the title.  I must be feeling it. I went back to basics with some traditional scrapbooking.  Little or no mixed media and I kept the colour palette fairly neutral with pops of yellow and blue.  My daughter who is featured in this layout is named Autumn, so the colours I used remind me of Autumn - the season not the girl.

To frame the photo I used a raw wood veneer frame and stamped on it with some stayzon ink using a small roller stamp from my collection.

I added in some burlap and paper leaves, a tiny wooden peg from my Just Add Paper Kit and the Navy Sparklets from the June Just Add paper Kit, a leaf button (I would have added more but that is all I had left) from the D-lish store and these awesome yellow Daisy flowers.

This layout is a little more traditional than my usual mixed media but I really love the way it turned out.  Sometimes it's good to get back to basics and just make pretty stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment