Sunday, June 19, 2016

Celebrate | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans! Sue Plumb here with you for my final share this month. Today I am finishing with my take on this month's Inspiration Board Challenge which looks like this...

"Sweet butterflies and soft textures team with pops of gold foil and sassy hot pink to create this stunning combination." 

And here is my take on it...


Besides the colours from the board, I also used the sketch as the basis for my layout. I was also inspired by the butterflies, tassels, and the metallic gold touches.


I used Cocoa Vanilla Studio papers for this layout, and complimented them with a range of D-lish Scraps embellishments; many of them from this month's Just Add Paper kit. To start my layout, I first added an extra splash of colour to the background using Colour Blast Colour Paste. To do this, I simply spread it thinly where I wanted it to go using a palette knife.

I then used the wood veneer embroidery hoop from the JAP kit as a frame for my photo, and used a paint pen to colour it white. I then layered this on top of one of the 6" lace paper doilies to further frame it and provide some subtle texture.


Next, I took some of the Corbett Creations wood veneer butterflies from the kit, along with a Memory Maze chipboard 'celebrate' word from the Together Word Sheet, and altered them using gold embossing powder.
I used two of the journaling pieces from the kit to add my handwritten journaling and the date. My favourite item from the kit was the delicious pink flair button with the gold foil heart, which I nested on some metallic gold thread to help accentuate the foiling.


I then added two sky blue tassels (there was one of these included in the kit, but they are also available separately as a Kit Bit, so I purchased extra). I threaded the tassels onto some gold coloured wire which I twisted to give it shape. I added a sequin bow where my wire tucked under the edge of the photo to hide the join. Finally, I popped a D-lish Dot enamel shape onto my date tag and I was done. 
I was happy with the final result as it was a deceptively simple layout that used several techniques to achieve a sweet, pretty layout.

That's all from me this month. If you haven't had a chance to play along with this month's Inspiration Board Challenge yet, then make sure you put it on your list! Entries are open until the end of the month and there is a store voucher up for grabs for the winner and a Just Add Paper kit for another randomly drawn entrant. You can find all the current challenge details and rules HERE.
Til next month, happy scrapping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment