Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Twin Mummy Cuddle | Sue Plumb

Hi everyone!
Sue Plumb back again today to share another of my D-lish Scraps projects with you for the month. Today I am sharing a layout that features a special photo of me experiencing my second ever cuddle with both my boys together at 25 days old. It was such a special moment, that I thought I would make sure it stood out in the album by using a simple white and gold colour combination.


Whilst I am really happy with the way the layout turned out, I am not quite as happy at how difficult this project was to photograph. It was so difficult to capture the true colour of all the gold foil shining from the same angle, but you will be able to appreciate it better in the close-up angled shots below.


Here you can see how the light reflects off the stunning gold foil washi tape I used to border the edges of my patterned paper. This tape really is beautiful! Also in this picture you can see the white 6" lace paper doily and the gold foil doily I used in my layers behind the photo; and a gold sequin bow I stuck below my photo.


I used the sweet little white Forget-Me-Nots scattered around my photo to help soften the impact of all the gold I had used. (Flowers are totally appropriate on any baby layout - boys or girls!) I used the words "never forget this moment" that were cut from a Journal It's Minifetti sheet to adhere to my gold foil tab.


The background was created using the Dusty Attic Keyboard Jumble stencil and some Colour Blast colour paste. I chose this stencil because it represented to me what a jumble of words and emotions I was at this moment. To the left of the photo you can see a flair button (from the Defining Words set), which I nested on some cotton thread and a couple more Forget-Me-Nots.
Gold alphas for my title and a few splatters of gold mist completed the layout.

Thanks for stopping by today. If you have any tips for me for effectively photographing foil on your projects, I would love to hear them! I will be back tomorrow with my final D-lish share for the month. Until then, happy scrapping! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment