Thursday, May 19, 2016

Self Portrait | Sue Plumb

Hi everyone! Sue Plumb back with you today with my final D-lish Scraps project for the month. Today I have a boy layout to share with you. As a mum of twin boys, I am quite passionate about scrapping boy layouts. (I didn't start out that way though, believe me!) Some scrappers find doing boy layouts difficult, but if you start with the right elements you can't go wrong.

Here is my layout...


I began this layout with some patterned papers from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I love to combine different patterns and shapes on my boy layouts, and am a sucker for anything woodgrain! It probably goes without saying then, that one of my very favourite embellishments to use on masculine layouts are wood veneers. Wood veneer pieces are extremely versatile, as you can easily alter them with paint or ink; or leave them raw as I have here, to add a touch of natural texture to the page.


I used some speech bubble wood veneer pieces, as well as my all time favourite wood veneer stars on this layout. I used a couple of phrase strips (above and on the left of my photo) that were cut from Journal It's minifetti sheets, and there is also a black geo tag shaped paperclip attached to my photo.


I used the very cool arrow print washi tape to tie in with the arrow printed paper, and to help bring a little more black to the layout. I then added some extra pops of colour with the D-lish Dots enamels I scattered around.


No boy layout is complete without a cool flair button and I couldn't resist the 'Just My Type' typewriter themed set from the store. (8 super cute typewriters - squee!) I nested the flair on some black cotton thread to add some more subtle texture.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope I have motivated you to get scrapping those boy photos. There are lots of embellishments in the D-lish Scraps store that can help make the job easier, so go check them out!
That's all from me this month, I will be back with you again in June. Until then, happy scrapping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment