Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Fashion Faux Pas | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans!
It's Sue Plumb with you today, sharing the first of my D-lish Scraps projects for May.
I am starting with my take on this month's 'Tranquil Pools' Inspiration Board challenge using the coordinating Just Add Paper kit. I sooo loved the colours in this one - I am a big fan of blue and green, especially when they are together!

Here is a reminder of the board...

"This months board will keep you cool and calm as you immerse yourself in its watery tones of lime and blues. I can see some stunning mixed media style projects evolving from this scheme and I can't wait to see how it inspires you."

Well with a description like that I could hardly ignore it could I? Mixed media it was! Here is what I created...


As soon as I saw the greens, I knew I had to scrap this funny photo of my sister and I that I took last month. I used the sketch from the board (although I did rotate it around, just to be a little different), and started by layering some mixed media for my background. I first applied some aqua mist to give a watercolour effect, which I then topped with some splashes and splatters of lime mist. I then used the Dusty Attic 'Addition' stencil, which I used to apply some Colour Blast paste into the diagonally opposed corners. I also wiped off the excess from my palette knife to add to my layers.


I then created a mat for my photo using the green tissue paper from the Just Add Paper kit; some patterned paper; and one of the gorgeous 6" lace paper doilies. I also added the tab and a couple of bits of washi tape to my layers.
From there, I started to embellish out diagonally on either side, to help draw the eye down through my photo.


Here you can see some of the gorgeous resin flowers from the kit, along with some of the Corbett Creations wood veneer circles, which I coloured white using a paint pen. I also added one of the flair buttons directly onto my photo, which I nested on top of some cotton thread. (The other flair button I used was positioned to the right of the photo and also from the kit.)


Finally, I used an assortment of sequins from the small tube that was included in the kit. I love the fact that they came in different shades and sizes, as it created extra visual interest. You can also see here where I used some of the washi tape again to form an anchor point for my title.

Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you. If you love blue and green as much as I do, then make sure you have this month's Inspiration Board challenge on your scrappy list! Entries are open until the end of the month and there is a store voucher up for grabs for the winner as well as a Just Add Paper kit for one lucky random entrant.
I will be back tomorrow with another project share for you. Until then, happy scrapping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment