Friday, May 27, 2016

Altered Tags | Krisy Podolak

Today is my last share for this month.  I was recently looking for ideas for my expo display and I came across altered tags.  I have never been a tag maker.  The thought of giving something so beautiful away that someone would possibly throw away makes my insides shrivel up at the thought.  I am like that with cards too.  Any cards I make are only strategically given to people that A. I like and B. I know will appreciate the effort and cost and c. WON'T THROW THEM AWAY.  But I decided that I wanted to give them a go.  I might frame them rather than attach them to a gift just so I know they are safe.

I have been working on a few different ideas for tags and these are the first two I made.  I found one on pinterest that used the frame in a similar way that I really liked so I thought I would give it a go.
I recently tidied up my D-lish stash so these tags are just full of bits from the D-lish store along with other bits and bobs that I have been hoarding.

For the first tag - I use the dress mannequin from Dusty Attic as my main focus and built the tag around that.  

I used an old dress pattern on the background because you can't make a dress without a pattern as well as a button and the word create.  The wooden frame is from the D-lish store and adds a really nice feminine touch to the tag.  I wanted a Vintage shabby chic feel so I kept all the colours pretty muted and only added a few soft pink flowers and some Maya Road Leaf pins, oh and a gold sequin bow because as it turns out I have an addiction. Here it is close up:

For the second tag, I used a Deer wood Veneer as my base to build the tag around.  Again, I wanted to keep a shabby chic feel to the tag but I decided to add a bit of colour to this one with some random paper flowers I had floating round in the bottom of my D-lish box.

For a bit more colour I also added an XO flair button from one of the past Just Add Paper Packs.  Throw in a bit of stamped tissue paper, some Maya Road Leaf pins and a random Studio Calico Wood Veneer banner that says Morning and I was happy.  (I chose the banner because teamed up with the deer it says "Morning Dear" - which I thought was a cute greeting - do you get it or am I a bit cray?)

Heres a close up of all the details:

There is a process video up on POPLEOPOD YouTube channel so let me know what you think.  See you again next month for my DT share.




No comments:

Post a Comment