Tuesday, April 19, 2016

You & Me | Sue Plumb

Hi everyone! It's Sue Plumb here to share my final design team project for the month with you all.

Today, I have a layout that was based on this month's Inspiration Board Challenge...

Think delicate laces, soft textures and all things sweet. With its soft and subtle tones of grey, pink, cream and white, this months board is Simply Chic!

And here is my take on it...


I loved this board and found it really inspiring! I used this month's coordinating Just Add Paper kit for most for the embellishments on this layout. (And still have plenty left to create with again!) 
I used the charcoal and grey doilies, the grey grid bitty bag, and part of the Corbett Creations heart lace cardstock overlay to form the layers behind my photo. I also tucked in the die cut date spot from the journal pack in the kit as well as some Cocoa Vanilla Studio die cut ephemera pieces from my stash.


I loved the grey resin flowers from the kit, so used them both; as well as one of the pink & white roses. The mini roses were not included in the kit, but were a perfect match for the colour palette and their smaller size kept my layout from being "too flowery". The gorgeous flair button was from the kit (and I still have two others left to use on future projects!)


My two favourite items from the kit can both be seen here - the first is that divine 'you & me' wood veneer title piece by Corbett Creations. I altered it using Colour Blast paste and I absolutely LOVE how it turned out! My other favourite piece from the kit is the gorgeous love arrow washi tape. I tore several pieces of it and used it around my page. (And will be sticking it on many future layouts too!)


To finish my page I scattered some pink self adhesive rhinestones around the page and added a few splatters of mist. The paper I used as my base was from Studio Calico.
Thanks for stopping by today. I hope my layout has inspired you to play along with the challenge if you haven't already. Entries are open until the end of the month and you can find all the details and rules for the challenge HERE.
I will be back again next month to share more with you, in the meantime stay tuned to the blog as the rest of the team have some fabulous projects coming up for you.
Til next time, happy scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment