Monday, April 18, 2016

You Are Amazing | Sue Plumb

Hi everyone! Sue Plumb back again today sharing another of my D-lish creations for the month.

Today I have a layout that features a photo of my daughter that I really had to push myself to scrap. I had picked it up several times but the strong colours were putting me off. I know I could have converted it into black and white, but I decided I was going to accept the challenge and see what I could create. 


I started by pulling some Prima papers from my stash that featured the "rich" tones of green and purple that were in the photo. I first created a layered mat for my photo to sit on using a paper doily; some pieces of patterned paper and some tissue paper (from a previous Just Add Paper kit). I also used a phrase cut from a Journal It's Minifetti sheet as my title, which I attached directly to the photo.


In my layers on either side of the photo, you can also see a wood veneer frame that I cut in half and inked with a green ink. I then added two Pip Berry Stems, which I used to form a rough frame around the photo and mark out the placement of my flowers. Where the two stems met at the bottom of the photo, I added a sequin bow. (Ensure you use a good, strong glue when adhering the stems to your page - I used a hot glue gun for mine.)


I used an assortment of paper flowers in various sizes, which I clustered together along the lengths of the stems to give a vine-like effect. (Some of the flowers you can see include Forget-Me-Nots and roses.) I also used lots of leaves along my vine, which added authenticity to the look I was after.
To finish off, I added a couple of printed wood veneer butterflies.


I am really happy with how this layout turned out (despite the fact I am not usually a purple fan at all!) It just goes to show you what can happen when you push yourself out of your creative comfort zone!
I will be back tomorrow to share another project with you. Until then, happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment