Sunday, April 17, 2016

15 Years | Sue Plumb

Hi everyone! Sue Plumb here sharing my first D-lish Scraps creation with you for the month.

Today I have a layout to share with you but before I do I must warn you that I have gone all sentimental for this one. ;) In a few weeks time, my partner and I celebrate our 15 year anniversary, so I decided to scrap a photo of us together and write a few words to him.


I started this layout with white cardstock and a few smears of watercolour, then used Crate Paper patterned papers and combined them with plenty of D-lish Scraps embellishments.

I can't seem to create a layout with including at least one wood veneer piece lately - I just love how versatile they are. Here you can see the Corbett Creations {heart}you title piece that was included in a recent Just Add Paper kit. (I may have bought an extra couple of these because I loved them so much!)
Also included in this cluster is a flair button; printed tab; and a stitched heart garland (all from previous JAP kits) and some D-lish Dots enamels.


I love to layer things up and one of my favourite items for layering is definitely doilies! Here I have used one of the new 6" lace paper doilies under my photo. I also popped a short arrow paperclip directly onto my photo. You can also see one of the little hearts that I cut from my stitched garland. My simple strip journaling was created on my computer using (one of my many) typewriter fonts. There are so many free fonts available these days, but a nice typewriter font gets me every time! ;)


To the bottom left of my photo I created another small cluster of embellishments to help balance my design. (You will notice that I usually subscribe to the "triangular" design method of including embellishments in 3 main groupings around my photo.) I included another flair button in this cluster (because you can never have too many flair - right?), which I nested on some cotton thread. I also included a sweet little wooden deer button. (These are SO cute and such good value too!)


To finish my layout I added a little bit of stamping and some splatters of gold Color Shine mist.

If you haven't already done so, make sure you pop over to the D-lish Scraps Facebook group The Scrap Suite and check out the April cyber crop challenges that were posted on Friday night. There are 4 awesome challenges from the design team (including me), as well as a special kids challenge, with prizes up for grabs for each one. And the best part? You have a whole month to complete them!
That all from me today, I will be back tomorrow with another project to share with you.
Til then, happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment