Friday, March 25, 2016

My Precious | Krisy Podolak

Hi D-lish Lovelies, 
The month is almost over yet again and that means its my turn to share.  Today, for my first DT Layout this month, I went for something a bit different - Neutrals.  The D-lish store is filled with bright colours but I wanted to create something a little different.  It's a little Steampunk Pretty without all the cogs.
Dl1
I have used a whole heap of bits from the store to create this layout.  There is Burlap leavessequin bows, wood veneer roses, Mini Rose Buds and those one of those beautiful new 6 inch doilies that sold out so fast. (When they are restocked make sure you get in quick they are so worth it!) I also used some of the Enamel dot hearts.  They are so cute.  I went a bit old school and cut the photo into a circle.  I'm still not sure how I feel about that.  Personally I love squares but something took over me and before I knew it my photo was a circle and stuck to the doily. I didn't want to waste the doily so I had to use it.  What do you think? Too old school?



I created the background using Colour Blast Colour pastes in LEATHER and SNOW WHITE.  To add more texture, I applied them with a large paint brush rather than scrapping them on with a palette knife.  I really like how rustic the background looks amongst all the pretties on top.
The Precious title chippie can also be found in the D-lish store. The trick to get it looking so awesome is...Triple embossing.  Just like with Belguim Fries - The third go is what make it extra special.  The shine from the Colour Blast Embossing Powder is amazing so if you haven't tried that yet - Go get some!
Dl5
As always, there is a process video to go along with this layout so head over to Popleopod on YouTube and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment