Sunday, March 27, 2016

Love You More Than Chocolate | Krisy Podolak

Hi D-lish Lovelies,
Well with Easter just gone for another year, I felt inspired to pull out some Easter photos from the past few years and actually do something with them.  Some I have had printed since not long after they were taken and they have been sitting in a random pile of photos I keep on my desk that are just waiting for the right time and layout to be added to. Please tell me I am not the only one that does that - prints photos all inspired like and then push them to one side when a better idea pops up.

This is a photo of my son sitting in his bouncer from his first Easter.  He was only 3 and a half months old, so he had prime spectators position of the egg hunt up on the deck in the warm Autumn sun.




I used a Kaisercraft patterned paper I recently picked up as the background.  I decided to keep the layout fairly simple and relatively mixed media free.  This for me was way out of my comfort zone.  My style is very heavy and this was very traditional for me. Just a tiny splash of Black Dylusions ink to add a bit of detail.

I used some bits and bobs from the D-lish store to finish off the layout.  A polka dot felt bow for a bow tie for the bunny peeking out from behind the photo, some yellow punchinella and a chrochet yellow heart that I think I picked up in the latest clearance sale.



Even for simple layouts a bit of texture adds visual interest. I used my two favourites on this layout - Gyprock tape (available at Bunnings) and sewing thread.  I tend to always used top stitch thread.  It is a little more expensive to buy but it is thicker, holds its shape a bit better than the thin stuff and when you look closely you can see the the individual threads wound together so thats a bonus detail without even trying.



As always, I have put together a process video for you to have a look at.  Head over to Popleopod on YouTube. Don't for get to subscribe if you want to see more process layouts.  I am on a mission this year to load at least one layout a week (52). We are only sixteen weeks into the year and I have already loaded 20 and I have 25 more ready to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment