Thursday, March 17, 2016

Love | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans! It's Sue Plumb here with you today. I can't believe another month has gone by already - I swear it was only January yesterday!

Anyway, I am here today sharing the first of my D-lish Scraps creations for March. This first layout is one that is very special to me because I created it for one of my best friends for her recent birthday. It features a photo of her with her hubby and was presented to her framed. (And yes, she loved it!)


I started with a white cardstock base, and then used pieces of patterned paper to form the focal area vertically down my page. I created a mat for my photo by using another smaller piece of paper and then topped with one of the stunning new 6" lace paper doilies.

I created this large cluster to the right of my photo using a beautiful wood veneer frame (these come in a pack of 4); which I paired with a handmade D-lish glitter and vellum teal feather; pieces of die cut ephemera; a gold sequin bowprinted wood veneer butterfly and some D-lish Dots enamels.


I balanced this with an embellishment cluster to the left of my photo that included more ephemera pieces and D-lish Dots; a Corbett Creations rose wood veneer (from a previous Just Add Paper kit); a flair button (this one was from the Sweetly Scripted Love Notes set) and some cotton thread. I also tucked a gold glittered scallop trim (also from a previous Just Add Paper kit) into my paper layers.


For my title, I used a Corbett Creations wood veneer word (there are a variety of single words available in the store), which I nested on a dip dye printed tag tied with twine. Below this, there is a gold glitter heart pick (from a Just Add Paper kit) which had also been wrapped with twine. Along the top edge of my layout I placed a Journal Its Minifetti strip. (These are fabulous for adding that little extra sentiment or phrase to your projects and are available in a variety of colours.)


Finally, I added some stamping and splatters of mist to complete my layout. (The papers and die cuts I used for this layout were all from the Maggie Holmes 'Bloom' and 'Open Book' collections.)

That's all from me today. I will be back with you again tomorrow to share another creation. Until then, happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment