Friday, March 18, 2016

Fun in the Sun | Sue Plumb

Hello D-lish fans! Sue Plumb here again today to share another creation with you. This time, it's a layout based on the March Inspiration Board Challenge which looks like this...


"Sunny Daze is just that! Time spent basking in the bright summer sun while the cool breeze tickles gently on your skin. It's time to kick back, relax and take in all the the great outdoors has to offer. It's bright and fresh with a little extra zest thrown in for good measure."

And here is my take on it...


I love the bright, fresh colour palette of this month's board - it was perfect to scrap this photo of my daughter and her friend taken on the second last day of summer. Most of the embellishments I used on this layout came from this month's coordinating Just Add Paper kit


I started this layout by creating a watercolour background on a sheet of white cardstock. I then created a simple mat for my photos using patterned papers, and some of the tissue paper, washi tape and punchinella from the kit. I also used my paints to colour the wood veneer sun from the kit. I love the bright pop of yellow it adds.


I created a small cluster to the left of my photo using one of the kit flair buttons and a coloured arrow paperclip. Tucked in behind my photo to the right, I added my journaling using the striped bitty bag and journal pieces from the kit.


For my layout title I used the Corbett Creations wood veneer piece from the JAP kit, which I painted simply with watercolour paint. I underlined it using the crocheted pennant from the kit (which I turned upside down so it looked like waves). Finally, I added a little stamping and scattered some D-lish Dots enamels around my page to complete it.
(Patterned papers used were from Cocoa Vanilla Studio.)

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope you have been inspired to join in with this month's challenge. You can find all challenge rules to enter HERE (And no, you don't need a blog to enter. You can also link your entry from a photo sharing site such as Photobucket, or even directly from Instagram!) 
Til tomorrow, happy scrapping!

2 comments: