Monday, March 21, 2016

Fun in the Sun | Mandy Melville

Hi D-lish friends!

It's Mandy with you today and it's so lovely to be back this month to share some of my layouts with you! This month I'm kicking off my shares with my take on the March Inspiration Board challenge! Here's my layout...

"Fun in the Sun"


And here's a reminder of what the Inspiration Board looks like...


Isn't it just so bright and fun and summery?!? I was inspired by the fresh colour palette and I also used the optional sketch as the basis for my layout, although I used one large photo instead of four smaller ones.

Most of the embellishments on my layout are from this month's Just Add Paper kit! I must admit that I am more than a little bit addicted to the Just Add Paper kits! Amanda does such a great job of putting together a gorgeous kit of yummy embellishments, and when you combine it with the Inspiration Board, it makes putting a layout together super easy!

To start my layout off, I chose some patterned papers that worked well with the colour palette (I chose ones from the Cocoa Vanilla Hello Sunshine collection). After I had my patterned papers in place, I added a strip of the washi tape from the kit down the left hand side of my layout. I then created some layers behind my photo using the punchinella and the yellow stripe bitty bag (which I cut in half and tucked under the top and bottom of the layers to make it look like a long strip). Then I was ready to embellish!

Let's take a look at some closeups so that you can see all of those lovely embellishments...


I love this little cluster of embellishments on the top right hand corner of my photo! I used a couple of pieces from the journal pack, an orange rose and a flair button, all from the kit. I also attached an arrow paperclip to the side of my photo.


I absolutely adore the Corbett Creations wood veneer pieces that come in the Just Add Paper kits! They never have a chance of making it into my stash because I always use them straight away! Have you seen the new range of wood veneer words that have been added to the store? I love them! They are a super easy way of adding a title to your layout, and they look fab too! Below my title I added a felt polka dot bow. You can also see here how I used the cloud picks on my layout!


In the bottom left hand corner I created another little cluster using the journal spot that came in the kit, another orange rose, and a couple of embellishments from Cocoa Vanilla.

I finished my layout off by adding a scattering of D-lish dots.

I do hope that you'll play along with our Inspiration Board challenge this month! You've got just over a week to get your entries linked up!

I'll be back tomorrow to share a layout that I created for one of the current Cybercrop challenges in The Scrap Suite. Until then, happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment