Saturday, March 19, 2016

Best Friends | Sue Plumb

Hi everyone! It's Sue Plumb here with my final D-lish share for the month. 
Over the past two days I have shared two different styles of layouts - the first full of paper and pretty things; the second bright and cheery with a watercolour background. Today I am changing it up again with a boy themed layout featuring a largely monochromatic colour scheme...


The idea for this layout all started with the Dusty Attic chipboard pieces I used for my title. I knew I wanted to use them on a layout about my boys, so I created a black and white photo collage with some pics I took on my phone recently. I wanted the layout to have a distinctly masculine theme, so the background paper from Cocoa Vanilla Studio was the perfect choice. Once these key elements were decided, it was simply a matter of finding the right D-lish Scraps embellishments to go with it.


I started by creating a mat for my photo collage using a chevron print 5x7 paper bag and some tissue paper left over from a recent Just Add Paper kit. I used the bright pop of red from the tissue to help highlight the photos. Along the top edge of the layout, I added the handmade stitched garland I had been hoarding from a previous JAP kit and along the bottom edge some spotted washi tape.


For my main embellishment cluster I used a number of left over items from previous Just Add Paper kits - die cut viewfinder; die cut journal pieces; flair button and the mini photobooth prop (flag). I also added the arrow paperclip and pearl heart cabochon from my D-lish stash.
(Did you know that many of the "bits" from the JAP kits released each month are also available separately? Check out the Past Kits & Bits section of the store HERE to see what is available from previous kits.)


My favourite part of this layout is definitely the Dusty Attic chipboard title pieces and the wood veneer stars. All of these pieces were altered using silver embossing powder, and I love the metallic look it has given them. (Just when I thought I couldn't love my favourite wood veneer stars any more than I already do! haha) To finish my layout, I splattered a little bit of navy mist around which helped take the "clean" edge off it. 

I hope this layout has inspired you today. Perhaps you might get out some of those neglected chipboard pieces from your stash and alter them to give them new life? Or gather up some left over bits & pieces from previous Just Add Paper kits and use them up? (You could even use them to enter one of the current cyber crop challenges over in our D-lish Facebook group The Scrap Suite.)
Whatever you choose, happy scrapping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment