Friday, February 26, 2016

WISH | Krisy Podolak

Hi Again,
I'm back again sharing a layout that I have made using a photo of my daughter making a wish on a dandelion.  She LOVES them and cannot walk past without stopping to at least blow one.

Today, I want to show you that you can create a beautiful layout using only a few key elements and embellishments.


When you look at the photo the colour blue stands out along with the spots on my daughters rash vest, so I used these as my main inspiration.  I started with a mixed media background. I used some ink sprays through a stencil to start the colour and shape layers and then added some Colour Paste through a different contrasting stencil (you will see why I chose triangles when I explain why I chose the papers).

Because there is so much blue - I used some black and white spotted paper as a contrast. Then to bring in a different element (and not to kill the layout with too many spots) I used triangles.  Black and white triangled paper to match the black and white spots and the blue triangle paper in the paper cluster to match the blue spots on the background.

To bring in more circles, I used a round flair from the D-lish shop with blue words, a Charms Creations Circle. There is also some blue punchinella in there to bring in the colour and the circles. Finally, to bring in some more blue and to finish off that cluster of embellishments I used a blue sequin bow.  I think I've said it before but the sequin bows are my favourite embellishment from the D-lish shop.



You don't need a lot of embellishment to create a beautiful and meaningful layout.  I personally am not into heavy embellishment clusters and tend keep my embellishments to a minimum compared to other scrappers.  Remember - a well placed embellishment that ties into a layout is often more effective than many.  A little bit of planning and thinking can help you create a fantastic layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment