Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Shine Bright | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans! It's Sue Plumb here with you today sharing my first project for February. I am kicking off this month with my take on the current Inspiration Board Challenge, which looks like this...


And here is my take on it...


I knew as soon as I saw this board with the guitar on it which photo I was going to use. This is my daughter with the guitar she got for Christmas. I used the coordinating February 'Sweet Nothings' Just Add Paper kit for most of the embellishments on this layout. (To say I look forward to these kits going on sale each month would be an understatement! hehe)


Here you can see a few of the items I used from the kit - white paper doily and XOXO tab tucked into the layers behind my photo; pink heart pick, which I wrapped with some of the cotton twine; and a flair button which I layered on top of the doily journal spot, along with some gold metallic thread from my stash.


I loved the gorgeous gold glitter scallop trim from the kit (which I cut into two pieces in order to spread it further); I also used the paper flowers that came in the kit. From my stash I added a Pearl Cabochon 3D heart and a good sprinkling of pastel mix sequins.


More flowers from the kit - this cluster included a white paper azalea and a peach fabric mini heirloom flower (both by Green Tara). Finally, I added the printed date ticket journal spot and then trimmed the edges of my layout with some torn spotted washi (both items also from the kit.) Papers and additional die cuts used are by Cocoa Vanilla Studio.

I was really happy with how this layout came out, but you know the best part? I still have lots of bits and pieces left over from the kit to create more with - winning! (To see what kit items are still available for purchase, please visit the store HERE)

If you would like to enter this month's Inspiration Board Challenge, you have until midnight February 29th to get your entry in via the link tool (located in the right sidebar). I will be back tomorrow to share another creation to (hopefully) inspire you.
Until then, happy scrapping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment