Friday, February 19, 2016

My Handsome Boys | Sue Plumb

Hello again D-lish fans! It's Sue Plumb back with you today for my final share this month. Following on from yesterday's flower-filled extravaganza, this time I have gone in the opposite direction. Today I am sharing with you a boy layout featuring a photo of me with my twin boys (terrors) with not a flower in sight!


This layout was created using many of the pieces from last month's boy themed "Hey Good Lookin" Just Add Paper kit. (Although the kits are now sold out, there are several of the kit bits available separately for purchase in the Just Add Paper kit section of the store HERE

I started this layout with a sheet of patterned paper by American Crafts and added some blue watercolour paint to it. I then added some stamping using the Scrap FX Hash Stamps. These are great for adding extra depth to your background. I also added some other layers using phrase stamps, stencils and ink.


I then created a layered mat for my photo using the black punchinella from the kit, a chevron print 5x7 paper bag and some patterned paper. I created this cluster using the die cut frame, cotton twineflair button and wood veneer moustache from the kit; I also added an arrow paperclip.


I used one of the journal bits from the kit to add the date and details, and I topped it with a little pearl heart cabochon. My title was created using the wood veneer title piece from the kit, a cute little moustache charm and some mixed alphas from my stash. 


Along the lower edge of my photo I clustered together the die cut film strip and smile photo prop pick wrapped with more of the twine (all from the kit); and I added an extra heart flair button and a wood veneer frame.
I finished the layout with some splashes of navy mist and a scattering of D-lish Dots enamels.

That's all from me this month. Don't forget if you are looking for an extra scrappy challenge that you will find the February cyber crop challenges in our D-lish Facebook group The Scrap Suite. There are 4 challenges available from the design team girls, including this one from me...


So if you aren't already a member, make sure you click to join so you can take part in our chat and challenges each month!
Thanks for stopping by today. Til next time, happy scrapping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment