Monday, January 18, 2016

You & Me | CSI Casefile No.188 | Sue Plumb

Hi again everyone! It's Sue back with you today for my second share this month.

As D-lish Scraps is currently sponsoring at CSI (Color Stories Inspiration) challenges, the members of the D-lish design team were asked to play along as guest designers this month.
I chose to work with CSI Casefile No. 188, which looks like this: 


And here is what I came up with to crack the case...


I must admit that initially I felt overwhelmed when I looked at this challenge, but once I narrowed down the criteria I was going to use it all came together fairly easily. 
From the evidence list I used stripes; felt; buttons (I used a flair button) and string / fibre / wire. For the testimony, I chose 'document a gathering' and used the inspiration word 'party' in my journaling. I also used the colour scheme and my interpretation of the sketch provided.


Clustered beside and around my photo here I have used a dip dye printed tag tied with twine; Freckled Fawn glitter star chipboard stickersflair button; yellow paper doily; orange hand-dyed muslin; orange sequins and some Journal Its journal pieces.


Beneath my photo is more paper doily and muslin and a felt polka dot bow. Tucked to the right of my photo is a Journal Its date tab, and on top of my photo I have used a Freckled Fawn birthday hat wood chip (which I coloured lightly with a white paint pen).


In my journaling cluster at the bottom of the page, I used more yellow paper doily; an orange mini paper doily; journaling pieces; another Freckled Fawn wood chip (this time a cupcake, coloured black) and some blue coloured wire, which I attached simply with staples.

Thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you today. I hope you will join in with one of this month's CSI challenges. (They really aren't as daunting as they look!) You will find plenty of embellishments in the D-lish store (or your stash) which will make it easy to fulfill the criteria. For more challenge details, you can find CSI HERE.

I will be back tomorrow with my final share this month. Until then, happy scrapping! X

3 comments:

  1. Love this Sue... you are so creative. Thanks for inspiring. Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Cally, much appreciated lovely lady! X

      Delete