Sunday, January 17, 2016

So Lovely | Sue Plumb

Hi D-lish fans! Happy new year! It's Sue Plumb here and it's good to be back with you in 2016 - I hope it's a great year for all of us.

I am here today with my first share of the year - a layout I created recently using some left over pieces from a previously released Just Add Paper kit. I first used this kit for one of my featured layouts back in November, so I thought it would be fun to challenge myself to use only the left overs.



I really loved revisiting this kit! I started my layout with a sheet of patterned paper (this one is by Cocoa Vanilla Studio) and then added some roughly torn tissue paper as the base for my photo mat. (I still have some of the tissue left to use again!) I then added a gold & white striped 5x7 paper bag, which was the only embellishment not included in the original kit. I also layered some snippets of white punchinella.


I chose to use one of the flair buttons, a couple of small roses and a wood veneer diamond to form a small cluster alongside my photo. I then embellished directly onto my photo - using some black coloured wire to form a frame around the focal point of my photo, and one of the sentiments from the kits journal pack.


I used the large journal card to add my handwritten journaling, and along with the remaining flowers from the kit, I formed another cluster on the opposite side of my photo.


Last of all, I added some gold Heidi Swapp Color Shine, and a sprinkling of the black sequins from the kit. I am really happy with how my "left-overs" layout turned out! Even more so, because I created it while I was away on holiday.
If you are ever planning to scrap away from home and you need to pack light - the Just Add Paper kits are perfect for you! There is a great variety of embellishments which are beautifully coordinated - all in one small box! Add a photo, some paper and a basic tool kit and you are all set to scrap away from home!

I will be back again tomorrow with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment