Thursday, January 7, 2016

Shopkins Cake, by Amanda H

Hello again,

Here is another share for January.

After a number of cake disasters with expensive shop bought cakes, I promise my daughters I would always make them birthday cakes. I may not actually bake (ie. I buy sponge), but I do try to decorate! Its' usually kinda messy if you look too closely, but usually the kids are happy.

This layout is of Olivia's cake for 2015 (with Shopkins being her favourite thing currently).


Water colours and pink pen doodling for an easy background. I used an old white paper bag from some packaging behind the photos.
 
Here are some close ups, so you can see the embellishments I used to finish the page.
 



 
Can you tell I had fun with the Pink Fresh Puffy Stickers? Totally perfect for this layout!
Find them >>> HERE.
 
I also used lots of bits from the December Just Add Paper kit, including the adorable confetti garland, coloured doiley and journal spots.
Get KITS >>> HERE.
 
Yellow "LOVE" Flair button >>> HERE.
 
Printed ice-cream button seemed a perfect fit for this layout! Get yours >>> HERE.
 
And one can never have enough Resin birds!!! Find them >>> HERE.
 
Paper flowers - pink Forget-Me-Nots and yellow Carnations >>> HERE.
 
Freckled Fawn paper clips >>> HERE.
 
And Enamel Dots (An essential finisher for any page!) >>> HERE.
 
 
 
Thanks for looking!
 
 
Amanda
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment