Monday, January 25, 2016

"It's About Time" CSI Challenge | Krisy Podolak

Hi D-lish Lovelies.  
It's Krisy and I'm back for the first of my three days of shares this month.
As you know, D-lish Scraps is a sponsor of the CSI: Colour, Stories, Inspiration Challenge this month and the designers were given early access to this months Cases. 

I'll be honest, until now I had seen this challenge in passing but was overwhelmed and didn't really spend much time trying to work it out and just moved on to something else.  Being a guest designer forced me to sit down and decipher the clues.  Actually, once you work out what your doing it actually isn't that hard and it makes your brain work a bit to incorporate all the required elements.

The first challenge I tried was Case number #187.  I found it easier to print off the whole case and write notes to breakdown the clues and record my ideas and thoughts. When I first looked at this, all I could think was 'Steampunk'.  All of my original notes were revolving around that.  Once I got to the testimony though...my thoughts changed.  One thing I found with the CSI Challenges is that they encourage deep journalling and thoughts.  This is not really my thing at all.  This requirement pushed me to look past my original steampunk ideas.  I decided to move on from the "clues" and decide on my photo.  The photos I chose were from my maternity photo shoot with my first pregnancy.  These are photos that stir a lot of feeling and memories deep inside.  Perfect for the deep journalling in this challenge.

Here is what I came up with after days (yes many days) of procrastination and planning.


The colours were easy to work with but incorporating all the required elements was a bit tricky.  I really enjoyed the challenge though so if your looking for something that is a little out of the box head on over to CSI Challenges and have a go.

Here are a few more close ups:

Here I've incorporated the D-lish Scraps Minifetti, Burlap leaves and White Carnations.  Perfect details.

And here is my hidden journalling element.


I made a process video for this layout so feel free to hop over to my YouTube channel Popleopod to check out this layout and others.

1 comment:

  1. Stunning Krisy. Glad you had fun and yes it only seems difficult at glance but once you sit down, it actually makes it easy and more fun. 😊

    ReplyDelete