Wednesday, January 27, 2016

"Celebrate" CSI Challenge #189 | Krisy Podolak

Well, it's almost the end of the month.  Where has January gone already!?!  Today is my last share for this month and its another CSI Challenge # 189.

This one was considerably easier that the first, I know that is just because I know what I am doing now and I don't all the lists and requirements so daunting.


This page is recent, its of a family gathering I organised for my Nan.  She is currently undergoing Chemo for Breast Cancer and it having a bit of a hard time with it all although she says she is completely fine with it.  I arrange for all our family and their kids to meet at Sizzler.  I told my nan it would just be me, my husband and our kids as our special Christmas treat for her.  Everyone was it on it and were warned not to spill the beans.  She tried to convince me a number of times to invite along different family members to which I bluntly told her "NO!"  (Please note: I am not usually one to mince words and will tell things as I see them but I held my tongue.  It did make me feel a little bad that she could not just appreciate that I wanted to spend time with her without trying to invite everyone else but it worked out in the end.)



The page has a great story that I tried to include in the journalling both on the front of this tag and on the backside but it still doesn't have the whole story so I might add a little more on the cardstock itself.



This page is jam packed with D-lish goodies.  There is of course my all time favourite sequin bow and my new found love Punchinella but I discovered the Christmas wood veneer and the Elf flair!


  
I kept the overall design pretty simple but if you are a follower of sketch challenges around the interweb you might recognise this layout design from the Show Us Your Stuff Challenge Blog (turned on its side).  I'll let you in on a secret, I have a book that I draw sketches that catch my eye.  I then use these from time to time as inspiration.  

I've also put together a process video for you to watch this page come together.  Head over to my Channel Popleopod.  Don't forget to hit like.

That's it from me this month, Happy Scrapping. X

No comments:

Post a Comment