Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Telling a story....by Sonia

Today I'm sharing my first layout for this month.

I've decided to go back to 8.5x11 size layouts. I've done this before and I really enjoyed working in this size. I'm not sure why I went back to 12x12s. I often use one photo and a rarely a 4x6 photo so there's plenty of room to make things pretty.

I've also made an effort to tell a story. I'm an immediate scrapbooker. That is, I scrapbook mostly current photos. Which means the story is fresh in my mind. 

Recently, my daughter spent 2-3 days building up a menu of dinner ideas from my Jamie Oliver cookbooks. My journaling wasn't just about being a fan of a celebrity cook but raising my children to eat healthy, to educate them about produce and develop the love of cooking.



I used the colours of this month's mood board challenge for my layout.



I punched out circles from a variety of patterned papers and then added some machine stitching over the top. 

I love using the wooden butterfly buttons and resin birds on my layouts. They are so versatile.


A doily, star paperclip and a minifetti piece completed another cluster. I also added Journal-Its and twine to the page.



Thank you for popping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment