Saturday, December 26, 2015

My Sweet Girl | Krisy Podolak

It's Boxing day!  We have survived through Christmas.  I hope you had a magical day and you are not still feeling the effects today.  I am back to share with you a little something something that I created with this months Just Add Paper Kit - Fruit Tingle.



The name itself evokes fantastic childhood memories.  Fruit Tingles were and still are my favourite lolly especially the pink ones and the multi coloured ones.  I decided the soft colours needed a soft photo to compliment it.  So, I pulled out a photo that I have saved of my eldest daughter Poppy.  It is at her newborn photoshoot she was about 11 days old.  And the wood veneer "Sweet" just sums her up.

For those who have not yet received a Just Add Paper Pack here is what they look like when they arrive.  I just LOVE opening the envelope when they arrive. (Excuse the dirty mat, I've been busy creating)

For my layout, I decided to ignore the sketch and just let the kit and the photo talk to me.  I added a few D-lish extras too.  A sequin bow, wax blossoms and some pink roses here just perfect.


I also used the raffia tie and painted my own watercolour flowers on the background.  I found the colour of the flowers a bit bright for the kit so I dulled it down with some vellum that I turned into a shaker pocket by adding some sequins before stitching it all together.


I have also prepared a Video so you can watch the whole layout come together.  Just look up Popleopod on YouTube - or try this link.

I will be back tomorrow with another Pointe Shoe from my Series that I am working on.


No comments:

Post a Comment