Friday, December 25, 2015

I'm A Bird Layout | Krisy Podolak

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Hi D-lish beauties, I hope your day has been full of good cheer, family, love and awesome presents.  It's Krisy here and its my turn to share what I've been up to lately.

Today, I'm sharing my take on Mandy's Cybercrop Challenge using a movie quote.  I love this challenge and I have a few more ideas of layouts I want to create.  

The quote I used is from The Notebook. "If your a bird, I'm a bird".  Noah says this to Allie to show that he is so in love with her and will be whatever she wants.  This is how I feel about my kids.  I love them to bits.
The quote fits with my photo too.  My daughters favourite thing to do when we visit my parents-in-law on the coast is to feed the birds.  She loves it and I love to photograph it.  I take so many photos every single time.



My background is watercolour and ink stamping and then over that I've layered the D-lish goodies.  I started with Punchinella.  After last months Just Add Paper kit and the sample of white Punchinella, I just had to stock up.  Its a great way to add texture to a layout, I managed to get hold of some pink and turquoise.

I kept the layering behind the photo pretty simple but added a bit of embellishment.  I used a Prima Birds nest surrounded by some D-lish wax blossoms and some Goose feathers I picked up from my local Reject shop.  They are really pretty. I added a D-lish flair and sequin bow to finish.







I absolutely love the colours of this layout.  It is so pretty.  Everytime I look at it I just want to touch it all.

This month, I've also sorted out my recording set up (got a new camera - thanks dad) and I have added a video to YouTube so you can watch me put this layout together.  (Please give me a thumbs up if you like it and any suggestions you might have to make my next video better,)


For now, enjoy the rest of your Christmas celebrations.  I will be back tomorrow with a layout I've created from this months Just Add Paper Kit.

Krisy  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment